Multi Platform Messenger App Development
About the project
During COVID-19, the Global Cloud Team came up with an altruistic idea to create a platform named AskMe to connect volunteers, such as doctors or lawyers, with anyone who needed assistance during the pandemic. Whenever someone needed an online health examination or a quick consultation, they could just write on the platform and connect with the specialist.
Just in 3 years, AskMe transformed from a volunteer project into an efficient multi-platform messenger for business needs that builds the best customer experience, generates leads, drives sales, and increases loyalty. It is an all-in-one communication tool used to streamline conversational flows and control interaction between agents and customers for corporate sales teams, help desks, and customer support teams.
- Cloud based
- Instant processing
- Hybrid model of queries response: combination of chatbot and live agents
- Supports 15 languages: EN, PL, DE, ES, VI, PT, KO, IT, AR, UA
- Works on all devices
- Available in messengers: Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber and Facebook
- Convenient Android and iOS Apps
- Custom roles and permissions
- Adaptive WebUI on the client side
- Collecting contact information before and during dialogue
- Unlimited chats storage period
- Customizable chat widget in multiple languages
- Tracking agents performance
- Conversion tracking
The idea was to create an omnichannel platform to connect people who got sick with specialists who had expertise and could provide at least minimal online assistance. It means no matter which messenger people write from; the message still comes to one platform. This was convenient for the specialists because they didn't need to check several accounts in messengers like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Telegram to respond to people's inquiries.
After some time, following the market trends and global changes, we decided to refocus the project on covering business needs and transforming the initial service into a SaaS product. It should've been a multi-platform messenger for communicating with consumers, collecting data, and tracking support team efficiency.
As the project started to spread, more complex tasks appeared to improve the platform, and the need for localization arose. We implemented the option to send files through our service, which is an in-demand feature for marketing and sales departments. Apart from this, we decided to add an AI chatbot to boost customer service performance and reduce the burden on agents.
"Initially, our goal was to help people across the world. When the pandemic took a downturn, we saw the potential of the project and went deep into the upgrade. So the key challenge was to make the product attractive to the market. Our tasks were ambitious: shift to SaaS, totally upgrade features, develop a mobile app, and add AI tools."
Alexander Ivanov, Head of AskMe project
High-flying plans require a lot of work. The whole process can be divided into two key stages: volunteer platform development and its transformation into an all-in-one business messaging product. Each stage was based on a combination of customer needs and their technical embodiment.
Here is a more detailed, step-by-step breakdown of the process:
1. Development of an initial version of a platform to connect users and specialists in real time via 10 channels, including web chat, emails, SMS, Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber, and Facebook. Placement on the Fight Coronavirus portal.
2. Transformation into a business-oriented product was accompanied by: features upgrades, demo mode development, building proper dialogue allocation algorithms, and adding customization options to the client side.
3. Cross-platform mobile app development for agents with an advanced tracking system and push notifications.
4. Launching a hybrid model to respond to queries. The implementation of an AI chatbot was done to lower response time and provide round-the-clock assistance in Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber, and Facebook, even if agents are offline.
5. Localization of the agent portal up to 15 languages to meet the requirements of the customers who have international teams.
6. Developing special integrations to use the platform in various fields: marketing, fintech, E-commerce. Moreover, the platform can be connected with CRM and synchronized automatically and with different outstanding products.
Recognizing the power of data analytics and machine learning, we incorporated an analytics suite, providing companies with real-time access to crucial data insights. To cater to the need for personalized customer experiences, we integrated features to enable the customization of user interactions. Our effort was to make the platform not just a communication tool but a comprehensive business solution that enables organizations to better understand their customers, streamline interactions, and ultimately drive growth.
Combining chat options and business logic required a strong team. Specialists of different stacks and levels, from trainees to seniors, were involved in delivering the project.
Our starting team:
- 4 backend developers
- 2 frontend developers
- 1 QA testers
- 1 UI/UX designer
- team lead
- project manager
In a year, we expanded to:
- 10 backend developers
- 5 frontend developers
- 4 QA testers
- 1 business analysts
- 2 UI/UX designers
- 2 team leads
- project manager
The AskMe platform has operated successfully for three years in various business niches. In the first months after release, we registered more than 80,000 real sessions between agents and users.
- 98% response rate achieved due to proper customer allocation between agents and chatbot.
- +35% retention rate thanks to a top-notch analytical suite to collect information about customer preferences and their favorite communication channels.
- +30% to customer satisfaction rate thanks to allowing clients to contact your brand via their preferred channels in several clicks.
"Over the past three years, we've accomplished so much. Our team built a powerful tool to connect brands with their clients and proved that providing a personal approach to each customer can be easy and cost-effective with digital solutions. Today, the efficiency of the product is evident as AskMe continues to grow the number of active users."
Alexander Ivanov, Head of AskMe project
We have extensive experience in the development of highly scalable robust distributed platforms. As an example, the largest project was developed by multiple collaborating Outstaff Teams within GCT employing over 70 engineers.
The developed financial services platform supports up to 5 thousand updates per second and serves millions of end-users.
We believe that it takes great people to deliver a great product.
I am here to help you!
Explore the possibility to hire a dedicated R&D team that helps your company to scale product development.
Our scalable workforce is specializing in the following areas of software development
When it comes to developing software for the financial sector, cooperate with GlobalCloudTeam
We have the skills, experience, and resources to develop even the most complex healthcare solution
Unlock innovative technologies and use customized media and telecom software products
Strengthen your market position with GlobalCloudTeam eCommerce solutions